Low Carb Halloween
When dressed-up kids show up on your front door, you shouldn't start with preaching about keto or Low-carb diet. Rather, you prepare the keto Halloween treats you're going to enjoy yourself, so your sweet tooth won't give in to temptations when you look at all that candy! I know quite a few adults who still enjoy Halloween as if they were still children themselves, so no need to feel weird about wanting to blend in with kids and drool over all that sugar.
Trick or Treat
The first recipe I'm offering here is chocolate ghosts. For making these as such, you obviously need a ghost mold. Or any other creepy-shaped mold. No matter what the chocolates are going to look like, the trick about them is going to be in the taste.
They are going to be spicy! As spicy as you wish. If spiciness is a big no-no for you, just make it a treat without the tricky part.
The nutritional info below includes macadamia nuts which you can avoid as well (why on Earth?!) or use other nuts.
Keto Halloween Cookies
Those chocolate ghosts go so well with Halloween cookies. The latter are orange flavored (not just orange-looking) to resemble pumpkins. The chocolate decoration combines with crunchy orange faces and creates an unforgettable fusion in your mouth. Everybody will want more than you can bake!
As for the chocolate, the recipe calls for IMO syrup which has become relatively accessible. Still, if you don't have the time to buy it, don't worry. If you're paleo, use raw honey instead, otherwise, go without it and add a bit more stevia or erythritol.
Keto Halloween Ghosts
Roasted spicy macadamia (optional)
- 1 oz macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp IMO syrup
- ½ tsp red hot chilli powder - (optional)
- Measure out the needed ingredients. Bring a little water to the boil in a saucepan, and then reduce the heat, so the water is only simmering. Suspend a small to medium size heat resistant bowl over the water. Don't allow the bowl to touch the simmering water.
- Add the cocoa butter. It's best if you let it melt before you add in other ingredients. If you wish, add in spicy roasted macadamia (or other nuts) - see further instructions. Mix, until all the ingredients are melted and well combined. Warning: Do not let any water come in the bowl! Add as much stevia extract as you like, to taste. As for all other spices or salt, add them if you wish. I, myself, love a bit salted chocolate, with red hot chili powder added to it.
- Pour the chocolate into silicone ghost molds or small bowls or plates, lined with parchment paper. Put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set. Enjoy the scary chocolate!
Roasted Spicy Macadamia (optional)
- If not already coarsely ground, put the nuts into an S-blade food processor and pulse a few times.
- Put nuts and chili powder in a small pot and roast for a couple of minutes. Make sure you don't burn the nuts. When roasted, mix in IMO syrup and roast for another half a minute.
- Add the nuts into the runny chocolate while still in the bowl, or sprinkle them on the chocolate in the molds. The nutritional info above includes macadamia nuts.