Sweets for St. Patrick’s Day? Why not! Well, while we can’t get a keto Guinness out there, we can at least make our sweet tooth buddies happy, and invite them over for a treat. Keto Green Blondies will be a fun one!
Keto Greenies is a recipe based on this one and adapted to suit the St. Paddy’s Day. Your buddies are going to be amazed at the green color, I’m sure. It’s what happens when you combine baking soda and sunflower seeds … We’re doing some baking science here! 😉
This recipe is not complicated, but if you’re very busy, I’m offering you an even simpler and a quicker one: Keto Green Cookies. If not busy, even better; Take the forthcoming St. Patrick’s day’s Saturday afternoon off, try out both recipes, and decide which you prefer to take to your favorite coworkers.
At home, serve the Greenies with some whipped heavy cream or coconut cream … That is what I did. The treats were gone in no time (and we don’t even have children yet), so I will have to do another batch of cookies for my colleagues in the next couple of days.
If you can’t find sunbutter at a local store, don’t worry, just follow this recipe.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a parchment sheet. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together sifted flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together creamy sunbutter, softened butter, sweetener, and baking soda.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla and heavy cream (or almond milk) and whisk thoroughly.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Put the batter in the prepared baking pan. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, smooth out the top. Optionally sprinkle with crushed almonds or walnuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the middle, comes out clean. Try not to over bake.
- Remove from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for about half an hour before cutting and serving.
- Serve with some the desired kind of cream. Cheers! 😉
- Because sunbutter reacts with baking soda, the inside of the blondies will turn green when cooled. There's nothing wrong with the blondies! This is an intentional use of sunbutter for making St Patrick's Keto Dessert.
- You can make homemade sunbutter.