If you've landed on this site because you're one of few people who follow a strict carnivore diet, you are definitely still human and therefore happen sometimes to crave a dessert. Well, we don't have anything sweet for you, but we do have a cake! A carnivore cake.
A few years back, when we started our keto journey, we came across a guy named Shawn Baker. Back in the days, he had a few Twitter followers, and he started posting some strange tweets and photos. Photos of meat. A lot of meat. Basically, only meat and some hardcore weightlifting exercises.
He probably didn't start a new diet movement, but for us, he is the one who introduced the carnivore diet to us. We are still following Shawn on IG, and it looks like he still eats meat. All-day, every day.
Although the idea looks interested enough to test it for a week or a month, none of us can imagine eating ONLY meat. With so many different textures and flavors, why would you commit only to one type of food (if not necessary)?
We put together a summary of the basic ideas behind the carnivore diet for you.
The carnivore diet is a highly restrictive eating plan that focuses solely on the consumption of animal products, such as meat, fish, and eggs. It eliminates all plant-based foods and attributes modern chronic diseases to today's high carb, highly processed diets. Some followers report improvements in mental clarity, weight loss, and chronic conditions. However, the diet is controversial due to its potential negative health effects, such as high cholesterol, blood pressure, and the risk of certain cancers. Additionally, the lack of plant-based foods may result in a deficiency of vital vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Up to you
Only you can decide if the carnivore diet is worth a try; It sounds delicious and satisfying, but you'll have to decide if eliminating all plant-based foods from your diet is something you can do. Who knows, we might give it a try one day as well as we did with egg fast. It sure won't be a dull diet anymore after trying this carnivore cake.
If you like what you see and/or even try this recipe out, do not forget to leave a comment below. Thank you!
Delicious Smoked Salmon Carnivore Cake
- 8 eggs
- 10 oz smoked salmon
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch dill - optional for decoration
- Beat eggs and salt in a small bowl until blended.
- Heat 6-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat to let the egg cook.
- Cook the egg crepes until they are just set at the surface (about 30 seconds) and there’s no browning on the edges. Flipp over the crepe gently, and cook for a few seconds on the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Stack the cooked crepes on a plate or wire rack to cool down.