Are you craving something decadently sweet and chocolatey? I was the other day, so I made a whole batch of keto chocolate fat bombs. Needless to say, they were all gone in minutes.
Imagine smooth cream cheese one-biters flavored with the tropical, gritty flavor of grated coconut, covered with a crackly layer of bittersweet cacao. Well, here they are! Read on and learn how to make a batch.
One can't get enough of chocolate
Hello everyone! So, here’s how today’s delicious keto chocolate fat bombs came to be.
I love chocolate, and I have always been intrigued by the combination of the pleasantly bitter cacao and the fragrant coconut, my favorite tropical fruit. So, I’ve been combining the flavors in cookies and cakes for years.
When it comes to small bites, this was a new one for me. I wanted bite-sized soft and luscious treats to satisfy my craving for a sweet treat and share them with my friends over a cup of hot almond milk cocoa. Allow me to break down the recipe for you.
List of our other keto fat bomb recipes
The first and most important thing you’ll need is proper unsweetened chocolate; the good stuff made with at least 80% cacao beans is delicious!
Next, we’re using dehydrated grated coconut. It’s gritty, crumbly, and very aromatic.
To hold everything together, what can be better than the ever-popular cream cheese? It’s soft and buttery and will keep your chocolate bombs solid and stable.
Finally, your favorite sweetener. For me, that’s erythritol and monk fruit blend right now. It’s a low-calorie sugar alcohol and a plant extract blend that works perfectly with no-bake treats like the ones we’re making today.
Equipment You’ll Need
This recipe is fairly easy to undertake. For starters, you’ll need a mixing bowl for our cream cheese mixture. Further, make sure you have enough counter space to roll the tiny balls with ease. Trust me; you’ll be more comfortable if you clear the area before you start.
We will also need a grater to break down our chocolate, and, of course, we’ll use the microwave to melt it — no stovetop required for this one.
For beautiful chocolate bombs, I suggest using a silicone chocolate mold. Make sure you have a piping bag to pour the melted chocolate. If you don’t have one, use a ziplock bag and cut a corner.
There’s no baking or cooking today, only letting the chocolate fat bombs set in the fridge. If you’re ready, let’s make some keto choco-bombs!
How to make chocolate fat bombs
For the filling, first put grated coconut, cream cheese, and your sweetener in a large mixing bowl and combine. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Remove the chilled mixture and form up to twenty small balls with your hands making use of a smooth surface; This is the fun part!
Place the balls on a tray or platter and refrigerate them for at least one more hour. Patience is critical here because you want firm balls and not crumbly ones.
For the chocolate coverture, grate the chocolate or finely chop it with a knife and place it in a microwaveable container.
Microwave the chocolate in 10-15-second intervals until it’s completely melted and silky. Remove the chocolate and pour it into your piping bag.
Now, we’re ready to fill the chocolate silicone mold, so spray it with some non-stick oil and pipe the chocolate into each crevice. Cover the bottom and the sides completely.
Quickly flip your mold over your chocolate container to remove excess, creating hollow chocolate shells.
Refrigerate your mold for around fifteen minutes and bring it out along with your cream cheese balls.
Place a ball in each chocolate shell. Press gently with clean fingers and cover the balls with some more chocolate.
Pat the mold down gently to eliminate any air bubbles and with a butter knife or a spatula, remove the excess chocolate for a smooth surface.
Refrigerate the whole thing for between 15-20 minutes and unmold just before serving. Enjoy!
If you’re using freshly grated coconut, use only one cup, because the stuff is very humid and behaves differently than dry grated coconut.
Add walnuts, almonds, or any other nuts to add a crunch to your chocolate fat bombs, and you can always add a pinch of finishing salt for a gourmet feel.
When to Make These Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs?
These keto chocolate fat bombs are perfect for casual get-togethers. Just lay them down mid-table and let your guests dig in. They look like store-bought!
These beauties are also fantastic to surprise that special someone, as a sexy dessert for date night, or to take to a housewarming party.
You know what? These tasty chocolates are ideal for treating yourself, too, so make a batch and enjoy them while binge-watching TV series in your pajamas. You deserve it.
The Perfect Pairing
Enjoy your keto chocolate bombs with a cold glass of almond chocolate milk. Add a teaspoon of unsweetened cacao powder to your milk and add your favorite sweetener; they just work together.
A nice warm latte is wonderful too. The warm, frothy milk contrasts with the chocolate and becomes one with cream cheese filling, you’ll love it!
Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Chocolate mold
- Place shredded coconut in a large bowl, add cream cheese and sweetener. Mix with a spoon until all the ingredients are well combined and the compact dough is formed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the coconut mixture from the fridge and form 20 small balls. Place them on a tray. Put the balls back in the fridge for at least another hour. Patience is a must otherwise the coconut balls will disintegrate.
- Grate the chocolate, or chop it into small pieces. Place it into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate, using the defrost function, in 10-15 second intervals, and stir between each interval until completely melted. Do not use full microwave power because the chocolate can burn.Pour the chocolate into a piping bag.
- Spray the mold with some non-stick oil.
- Pipe the chocolate into each crevice. Cover the bottom and the sides completely.Quickly flip your mold over your chocolate container to remove excess, creating hollow chocolate shells.
- Refrigerate the mold for around 15 minutes and bring it out along with the cream cheese balls.
- Place a ball in each chocolate shell. Press gently with clean fingers and cover the balls with some more chocolate.
- Pat the mold down gently to eliminate any air bubbles and with a butter knife or a spatula, remove the excess chocolate for a smooth surface.
- Refrigerate the whole thing for between 15-20 minutes and unmold just before serving. Enjoy!
MORE KETO CHOCOLATE RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto chocolate fat bombs recipe, I recommend you also try our other recipes: