Mug cakes are awesome because holding a mug reminds us of home, family, and cozy moments with our loved ones. Mug cakes are also practical and mess-free and are usually ready in minutes. That's precisely the case with today's keto vanilla mug cake. It is done in less than ten minutes, but you'll be remembering and savoring it for days.
Mug cakes are perfect for get-togethers and small parties, but they're also a way to treat yourself and your family with a quick sweet treat early in the morning or late at night. For versatility, you can't beat mug cakes.
Microwaved cake - really?
You might think the microwave is only for heating leftover pizza, but the 1940s appliance is quite handy, especially for cakes like the ones we're making.
Here are fun facts for you:
- The microwave was developed using the radar technology used in WWII.
- The microwave became widely spread during the 70s. At the time, the appliance had a hefty price tag of today's $3,133.
- Although considered dangerous for a while (some still think it is) according to the USDA, a microwave emits five milliwatts of radiation per cm2 through its lifetime, and that's quite harmless.
Now for our keto vanilla mug cake recipe
Our vanilla mug cakes are loaded with fat and proteins, just what your body needs to get energy while in a ketosis state.
As with most of our delicious baked treats, we're making good use of our almond flour.
Besides, we're eating one egg in a mug, and as you know, eggs are the best source for proteins around. Greek yogurt is also packed with proteins and fat and has a lovely tangy flavor.
The perfect pairing
Before we get those mug cakes nuked, here are a few drink-pairing ideas.
Warm cocoa. Because vanilla and chocolate were "born" to be enjoyed together, use unsweetened cocoa powder, warm milk, and your favorite keto-friendly sweetener.
Cappuccino. A cup of cappuccino screams for vanilla. A shot of espresso and frothy milk, it gets no more keto than that.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Milk Shake. Milk, unsweetened chocolate syrup, and peanut butter make a thick and decadent milkshake you'll want to repeat.
What you'll need to make this keto vanilla mug cake
For this recipe, you'll need nothing but the mugs you'll be making your cakes in and a fork to incorporate the ingredients. If your mug is too small, try mixing the ingredients in a separate container. I told you, this recipe is mess-free!
Keto Vanilla Mug Cake
- Put the butter it inside the mug you will be using.
- Microwave the butter for 25-30 seconds until melted and hot.
- Add the ingredients and mix well until everything is combined and without any lumps.
- Microwave the cake for 60 - 70 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave.
- Take the cup out of the microwave very carefully; it is better to cover your hand with a kitchen cloth. You can decorate your mug cake with sour cream or berries.,