All noodles are fantastic, they're the very definition of comfort food, but a few types are just extraordinary. This one? It's miraculous! Know all about the famous Shirataki noodles, the world's healthiest noodles.
Shirataki noodles, also known as konjac noodles or miracle noodles, are a typical ingredient in Japan and Southeast Asia, and they're gaining recognition worldwide. Why? Because these are the noodles with the lowest carbs on the planet.
Really, these translucent noodles are 97% water, and the rest is fiber from the roots of the konjac plant. They're delicious, though, especially when baked with a creamy cottage cheese sauce. We're talking about the remarkable Hungarian baked noodle dessert, and trust us, you've tried nothing like these!
Here's what you need to know about this exciting, delicious, and healthy low-carb dessert.
For this creamy noodle keto dessert, you'll only need 6 ingredients, plus sliced almonds for that crunchy and nice-looking topping:
- miracle noodles
- cottage cheese
- sour cream
- sliced almonds
Our primary ingredients will be miracle noodles, full-fat cottage cheese, tangy sour cream, eggs, butter, and your favorite sweetener. We're topping this bake with crunchy sliced almonds for the final touch.
Miracle noodles are available online and in specialty stores. Despite being a very traditional ingredient, they're the craze right now for their lovely texture and low calories.
We're also using both cottage cheese and sour cream. Blended with three large eggs, you get a thick and coating cream that will bake beautifully to coat our noodles.
This recipe is particularly exquisite because, unlike most pasta and noodle dishes, this one is baked, which means a lovely golden crust, and that's hard to beat.
Equipment You'll Need
We're using our oven for this noodly dessert, so you need a baking pan large enough for your noodles and the creamy sauce.
You'll also need a blender or a food processor to incorporate the ingredients that'll become the sauce.
Other than that, you're all set. Did I mention this recipe is as easy as it's tasty? Well, it is. Noodles are supposed to be straightforward and effortless.
Let's Get Cooking!
- First, prepare your miracle noodles following the instructions in the packet. The process is basically the same used to bake angel hair spaghetti.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare your baking pan, coating it with cooking oil in spray or butter.
- Throw into the blender or food processor the cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, butter, and sweetener.
- Use a large mixing bowl to combine the drained miracle noodles with the cottage cheese mix and transfer the whole thing into the baking pan.
- You don't want to cover this one, just put it inside the oven and bake for thirty minutes. At this time, the bake is almost ready.
- Pull the tray out briefly and top it all with the sliced almonds.
- Cook for 15 to 30 minutes more until the bake is cooked through. Insert a knife and make sure it comes out clean.
- Let it cool, cut into squares and serve.
Let me tell you, this delicious treat is as tasty when warm as it is when served at room temperature.
When To Prepare the Keto Shirataki (Miracle) Noodle Pudding
This dish is surprisingly comforting. Even if you've never tried miracle noodles, the flavor and texture are familiar for everyone.
Having said that, this sweet dish is also unlike anything you've ever tasted. This particularity makes this specialty ideal to serve when you have your foodie friends coming over. This one is for adventurous tasters that want to experience something new.
No matter who you enjoy this bake with, everyone ends up having doubles because these noodles are just deliciously creamy and decadently sweet.
Place into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. I don't recommend freezing this dessert.
Keto Shirataki (Miracle) Noodle Pudding
- Prepare miracle noodles according to instructions on the package.
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat a square pan with oil or butter.
- Combine all the ingredients except noodles and almonds in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix noodles with cottage cheese mixture and transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes then sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for another 15 to 30 minutes (depending on the pan's size) or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares (necessary!) and serve warm or room temperature.
MORE KETO SHIRATAKI RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try: