Lift me up avocado - Refreshing and energizing!
"Lift me up" is a phrase I've borrowed from tiramisu. Because of tiramisu in Italian meaning "lift-me-up." It wouldn't be fair if coffee in combination with cookies and mascarpone had the exclusive rights for being yummy, energizing, and uplifting!
That is why I present a vegan and keto-friendly avocado mousse that has the same (or even better) energizing effect as tiramisu, for it contains matcha green tea powder and healthy fats. Besides, being sugar-free, it doesn't bring any post-festum crashes.
Moreover, this very quick, healthy and simple dessert comes as a great refreshment. Sweet and sour, my bet is on the lime juice. It is added partly to keep the green color alive for the time the cream manages to wait in the fridge, and partly because lime adds to the awesomeness of the mousse's flavor. Not lemon, you've got to use lime juice. Way better.
If you are not vegan, here's a bonus tip: Add some greek yogurt. An ounce for example. I find that dairy products combine best with matcha green tea powder. So by adding some greek yogurt (or replacing some avocado with yogurt), the miraculous taste mixture of matcha and dairy happens, which brings this creamy topping (or stand-alone dessert) to another level.
Lift me up avocado
- 7 oz ripe avocado - 1 large avocado
- 3 teaspoon agar agar - or powdered gelatine
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1/16 teaspoon stevia extract - optional to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Soak agar agar in 3 tbsp. cold water for 5 minutes and heat to dissolve (microwave on medium high for a minute). In a bowl of an s-blade food processor, mix all of the ingredients but leave out agar and lime juice.
- When creamy, add in lime juice and agar. Taste to make sure the cream is sweet enough for you. Add more erythritol or stevia to taste.
- Distribute into small glass dishes, cover with foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Eat like is, or add berries, balsamic vinegar, or use for topping in another recipe.
MORE KETO VEGAN RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try:
Leave a Reply