3 Ingredients Low-Carb Lemon Popsicles
If there is one flavor to define summer, that flavor has got to be lemon. Just think of lemonade. It brings back memories to all those back porch swinging, and neighborhood lemonade stands.
Fast forward a couple of years (well, a couple of decades, to be honest) and our lemon popsicles. This recipe is so pure and simple we can't even call it a dessert. We can call it a refreshment.
Do you own popsicle molds? You have to get your hands on one of these things. It is so easy to prepare different popsicles with these molds, just think of your favorite drink and turn it into a popsicle.
I'm already thinking about Bulletproof coffee popsicle. Since we already have bulletproof mug cake recipe, why not try the bulletproof coffee popsicle. Cake for winter, popsicle for summer. Win-win.
The popsicles will only take a couple of hours to freeze, so you can prepare them up in the morning to be enjoyed in the hot summer afternoon.
Did you know that in traditional French cuisine they would serve sorbets twice during a meal to stimulate appetite?
And what do you get if you freeze your sorbet up completely? A popsicle! If you use popsicle mold, of course.
Technically speaking, these low carb lemon popsicles are not keto since there is no fat in them. Good news for those following a strict keto diet and counting net carbs: you can eat those keto cookies afterward. These popsicles won't throw you off the keto wagon.
Alternatively, do what I do. Following my passion for traditional French cuisine and modern keto cuisine, I call these popsicles a sorbet and eat the proper keto dessert afterward.
The low carb lemon popsicles recipe is super easy!
- Use fresh ginger to make ginger & lemon popsicles.
- Add small slices of lemon or lemon peel into the mold.
- Add leaves of fresh mint into the mold and call them homemade lemonade popsicles.
- Fill the mold with fresh or frozen raspberries to get the contrast in colors.
Related: Sweeteners for Keto or low-carb.
How to get more juice out of a lemon?
- Press and roll the lemon back and forth on your counter. The rolling will loosen and break down some of the lemon's membranes and make it easier to squeeze.
- When cutting the lemon, try cutting across the length instead of the width.
- Use a good citrus juicer.
Low-Carb Lemon Popsicles
- 1 tbsp sweetener - to taste
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup water
- Take one-third of lemon juice and two-thirds of water. When squeezing the lemons, make sure to pour the juice through a strainer to get rid of the seeds.
- Add sweetener to your taste.
- Pour the liquid into popsicle molds and place in the freezer.
- When ready, place the bottom half of the mold in warm water for a couple of seconds to get the popsicles out of the mold.
MORE KETO ICE CREAM RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try: