Whoever is to visit while you're too busy and got nothing to put on the table, will be a happy camper if you make this vegan keto chocolate pudding.
The ass-kicking dairy-free chocolate pudding! No time? No problem!
Whoever is about to pop up at your apartment while you've got nothing to put on the table and no time on your hands, is to be a happy camper if you make them this dessert. The guests can be vegan, keto, lactose-intolerant, picky, or just ordinary guys who struggle to understand your weird way of eating. But, they must love chocolate. If they don't, more chocolate pudding for you!
I know what it is like to be too busy for anything. At the same time, I am the kind of person who doesn't like to have their guests sitting at an empty table. I like to serve them with something nice even if they end up not wanting to try anything. More for me in this case. After all, I rarely say no to my homemade keto-friendly desserts.
I made this one up when someone was just about to celebrate their birthday, and I got invited on short notice during hectic days. So I made these and brought them to the party with me in a cooler bag. Didn't have much time to take photos, though; hence the slightly impaired quality.
Chocolate and orange: Happily ever after
The pudding is made of ingredients I practically keep at home at all times: coconut milk, powdered agar agar, high-quality dark chocolate, orange oil (because I buy a lot when I see it and use a little every now and then), almonds, and sugar-free orange marmalade (the same story as with the oil, and the one I buy is very low-carb).
If you happen to have no orange oil, zest, or marmalade, I highly recommend you get some for desserts like this one. Orange goes so, so well with chocolate! This pudding, enhanced with orange flavor and served in nice little finger-food plastic serving cups, ends up looking like something a fancy catering company has brought in. Very high-end, but no big deal behind. Try it out yourself!
Vegan Keto Chocolate Pudding
- 1 can full fat coconut milk - approximately 1 ⅓ cups
- 3.5 oz 90% dark chocolate
- 0.5 tablespoon agar agar
- 1 teaspoon orange oil - or zest
- 1/16 teaspoon stevia extract - optional to taste
- 0.5 oz sliced almonds - for topping
- 2 tablespoon sugar-free orange marmalade - for topping
- Put all of the ingredients (except sliced almonds and orange marmalade) into a small or medium size pot.Keep stirring while heating up on medium high. Stir until all the ingredients completely dissolve, and the mixture is homogenous. Do not bring to boil.Pour into 12 small glasses or plastic serving cups. Let the pudding cool down.
- In a small pot, slightly roast the sliced almonds. Add the marmalade, and roast for another minute on medium high. Keep stirring.In the end, place some of the toppings on each of the puddings. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
MORE KETO VEGAN RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try: