Heartwarming, cozy, silky, rich, and decadent. That's what the word 'cheesecake' says to me. Cheesecakes are celebratory too, they often turn reunions into parties, and it's because no one can refuse a good slice of creamy cake. One of those is our crustless keto lime cheesecake.
Cheesecakes are never overly sweet, and that's an advantage if you're making a keto version, you'll only need some keto-friendly sweetener to make it shine.
If you're looking for a casual, laid back dessert for a get-together with friends, then a keto cheesecake is right for you. The cake is also one of those baking treats perfect for bringing to dinner parties or house-warming parties.
Above all, if you're committing to the keto diet, I'm sure you're dying to have a slice.
Keto Lime Cheesecake Ingredients
We are basing our cake in cream cheese and sour cream, and we'll add a thick, decadent consistency with six large eggs.
This cake is a protein and a fat bomb, and you know what that means. You'll be reinforcing your body's ketogenic state and losing weight while you indulge to the full.
Now, this is not your regular cheesecake, it is keto-friendly, yes, but it's also a crustless cheesecake, so allow me to explain.
The crust in cheesecakes is basically bread, or a huge keto cookie, and those are simply too many carbs, even for people with regular diets.
You can make a crust with almond flour and eggs, but you know what? The filling is so creamy and tasty you don't even need a crust.
Crustless cheesecakes are hot right now, we're all about bringing the classics to the modern era. Besides, a crustless cheesecake means more cheese for everyone.
Adding to the innovation, I'm also proposing making this one a limey cheesecake, topped with mint leaves and lime slices, but also adding lemon zest to the cheese mixture. The result is not what everyone expects from cheesecake, and that's precisely what you want, a surprise factor.
The perfect pairings
Enjoy this cheesecake with keto-friendly cold cocoa or a glass of cold keto-friendly milk.
Coffee drinks are also compatible with cheesecakes, lattes, and cappuccinos, all sweetened with zero-carb sweeteners work wonders.
Remember, for a successful pairing, make sure your drink is sweeter than your dessert. Since our cheesecake is not that sweet anyway, every creamy drink will pair nicely.
List of our keto lemon recipes
Equipment you will need
For this recipe, we'll be using our oven for cooking the cake and the fridge to achieve the right consistency.
Other than that, we'll need a metallic mold or a cake ring, a large mixing bowl, and a versatile hand blender.
If you're making my suggested creamy topping, you'll be needing an extra medium-sized bowl.
Other than that, I think we're good to go, so get ready to undertake this recipe and make the creamiest keto crustless cheesecake you've ever seen.
The exact quantities and everything else you need to know for the recipe can be found in the recipe card below.
How to make Crustless Keto Lime Cheesecake
Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C). Prepare the pan where the Cheesecake will bake. Choose one that is easy to unmould. You can use a conventional round metal mold. Grease it with a thin layer of butter.
Place sour cream in the mixing bowl and beat it at full speed until it turns creamy. Add keto sweetener while continuing to beat. Then add eggs one by one, beating continuously.
Whisk until the mixture is frothy.
Add cream cheese, vanilla essence, and lime juice. Continue beating until you get a smooth, creamy mixture. If you want, you can add a teaspoon of lemon zest. Taste and adjust for the sweetness.
Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared pan and bake for about 45-60 minutes. Watch for the golden brown color. The wider the pan the longer the baking.
Do not open the oven at any time. Wait for the cheesecake to start turning gold then lower the temperature to 210° F (100° C) for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 120° F (50° C) and bake for ten more minutes.
Turn off the oven and wait for one hour before opening the oven door to prevent your cheesecake from "sinking" in the center. If you open the door too soon and the temperature falls, the cheesecake may sink in.
Cool at room temperature for one more hour. Finally, put the cheesecake in the fridge for 2 hours to cool down before serving.
If you decide to go for the topping too, mix together all the topping ingredients. Spread the topping on top of the cheesecake before putting it in the fridge for two hours.
If you bake this creamy cheesecake, do share the pictures! And don't forget to share this recipe with your loved ones, especially those who are undertaking the keto diet with you.
Crustless Keto Lime Cheesecake
- 2 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 drop food coloring - optional
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 8 pcs lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 300°F / 150°C and grease a round metal pan with a thin layer of butter.
- Place sour cream in a medium-sized bowl and beat at full speed until it turns creamy. Add sweetener while continuing to beat.
- Add eggs one by one, beating continuously until the mixture gets frothy.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla extract, and lime juice. Continue beating until the mixture gets smooth and creamy. Optionally, add a teaspoon of lemon zest. Add more sweetener to taste.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and bake for about 45-60 minutes, until the cheesecake starts turning golden brown. DO NOT open the oven at any time!
- When the cheesecake starts turning golden brown, lower the oven temperature to 210° F (100° C) and bake for another 15 minutes. Then, reduce the temperature to 120° F (50° C) and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Turn the oven off. DO NOT open the oven yet. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another hour before opening the oven door.If you open the door too soon and the temperature falls, the cheesecake may sink in.
- Cool at room temperature for 1 more hour.
- Finally, put the cheesecake in the fridge for 2 hours to cool down before serving.
The topping (optional)
- Using a hand electric mixer, mix together all the topping ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spread over the cooled cheesecake before putting it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Optionally, decorate with lime wedges and mint leaves.
MORE KETO CHEESECAKE RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto cheesecake recipe, I recommend you also try our other recipes: