Cheesecake is, fortunately, one of the desserts allowed in a keto diet. And one of the most popular among our readers. This time we present not just one cheesecake but a whole plate of keto mini cheesecakes. Ideal when you have family or friends coming over to your place. You just put them on a plate and everyone can take one bite. Or two. Or three.
Traditional recipes are prepared with sugar, which we must substitute with one of the alternative keto-friendly sweeteners. And since we have to limit the carb intake, we must replace wheat flour with a keto-friendly one. We suggest going with almond flour in this recipe. It will take these mini cheesecakes to another level.
But you, fellow ketonians, you already knew this, right? Right.
Choose high-quality ingredients
For the cheesecake filling, always take a good quality cream cheese. As a rule of thumb, take one large egg for one cup of cream cheese. This way, the filling will have the ideal consistency without the need for any other component to provide firmness.
If you love vanilla, add a few drops of vanilla essence of the best quality, or vanilla seeds as we usually do. Add sweetener to taste if you prefer sweeter desserts.
The most important thing when making a cheesecake is baking. Unless you are following a NO BAKE cheesecake recipe. Speaking about NO BAKE or BAKE cheesecakes. Which one do you prefer? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Tips for baking a good keto cheesecake
To get the best results when baking a cheesecake, we suggest the following baking rules. Lower the temperature of your oven correctly! When you are baking the cheesecake at 300°F / 180°C, you should not open the oven until one hour after turning it off; by the time the top of the cheesecake starts to turn golden brown, it is undoubtedly already fully cooked. Then reduce the oven temperature by one third, to 200°F / 100°C for another ten minutes, then reduce it by another third to 100°F / 50°C for about ten minutes. Finally, turn it off, but don't open the oven for anything in the world and leave the cheesecake in the oven. It will cool down in about an hour.
Then, remove it from the oven, if it is already at room temperature you can refrigerate it; otherwise, let it rest a little more. Finally, to cut it more precisely and prevent the crust from crumbling, store it in the fridge for about two hours before you serve it.
In this recipe, we used mini cupcake silicone molds, to make small bites full of flavor and very cute. We do this every time when having a bunch of people come and visit us.
We used strawberries, but you can use any other berries you like (or have at hand) and mini cheesecakes will turn out delicious as well. If you have the time, you can do a mix of different berries. Follow the instructions and bake the same base, but prepare three different types of toppings in three different colors to make the table more colorful.
Since we still have your attention before digging into the procedure, would you mind following us on Instagram as well? It takes you a couple of seconds but means the world to us. Thanks!
How to make keto mini cheesecakes
In a small bowl, mix almond flour with butter and sweetener. Stir well with a teaspoon until the almond flour is well moistened with the butter and the sweetener. You will get a mixture of large crumbs; it should not be a compact mass. Distribute the crust mixture evenly into all the cavities of the mold, then, using your fingers, flatten it and compact it. Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is toasted.
Mix all the ingredients in the cheesecake filling in the blender or a mixing bowl with a hand electric mixer until smooth.
Remove the mold from the oven, pour the cream cheese filling over the crust and put it back in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then reduce heat by ⅓ and bake for additional 10-15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the mold in the oven for at least one hour to cool down slowly.
Place strawberries, sweetener and water in a blender, and process until you get very thick juice. Pour this juice into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until it has decreased half its volume; dilute the gelatin in two tablespoons of water and add to the strawberry juice, stir a few minutes until the gelatin dissolves completely. Finally, add some vegetable dye if desired.
When keto mini cheesecakes are cooled down, unmold them and cover with the strawberry jam one by one with a small spoon and enjoy with a good coffee.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and leave a comment below to tell us how you like these keto mini cheesecakes!
Keto Mini Cheesecakes
- Small Round Silicone Mold (10-12 pcs)
- 1 cup strawberries - fresh or frozen
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 2-3 drops vegetable dye - optional
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (180°C)
- Lightly grease the mold you will use with a little butter.
- In a small bowl, mix all the crust ingredients until you get a mixture of large crumbs; it should not be a compact mass.
- Distribute the crust mixture evenly into the mold. Flatten with your fingers and press down to about ⅓ of the height of the mold. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the crust is toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix all the cheesecake filling ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Remove the mold from the oven and pour in the cream cheese filling.
- Put the mold back in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then reduce heat by ⅓ and bake for additional 10-15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the mold in the oven for at least one hour to cool down slowly. Do not open the oven.
- Meanwhile, blend the strawberries, the sweetener, and the water until you get a very thick juice. Pour it into a small saucepan and reduce to half its volume on low heat.
- Dilute the gelatin in two tablespoons of water and add to the strawberry juice, stir a few minutes until the gelatin dissolves completely. Add some vegetable dye if desired.
- When cheesecakes are cooled down, unmold them and cover with the strawberry jam one by one using a small spoon.
MORE KETO BERRY RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try: