When I did my own little experiment with a 5-Day Egg Fast, I improvised with recipes a bit and came up with this Egg Fast Mascarpone Roll on Day 2.
It's basically 4 oopsie rolls gone wrong (that is gone flat) - getting stuck or blended with one another even before baking, so I quickly thought I would make a roll, and instantly powdered the oopsies (that have turned into one single rectangle) with powdered erythritol.
I warn you that this is a delicious Egg Fast treat. Even when you're not egg fasting, you might come up with an ingredient that would upgrade the fill, and would otherwise mess with the Egg Fast Egg/Fat/Cheese ratio.
Notice that this recipe is not perfectly balanced out for the Egg Fast, as we use 1 "extra" ounce of mascarpone cheese. Try to get in an additional egg and a Tbsp of fat in another meal.
BTW, this is not a zero carb recipe. I've seen recipes for oopsie rolls that claim to be 0 carb, but every egg has carbs, and I haven't seen a 0 carb cream cheese yet, either. Have you?
Egg Fast Mascarpone Roll
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Prepare a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper and greased a little.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the whites until fluffy. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix together egg yolks, erythritol, and cream cheese, until pale yellow and doubled in size.
- Fold the whites into the yolk cream cheese mixture. Use a spatula and do this gently.
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet, forming a rectangle shape. Flatten out the batter, using a spatula.
- Bake for approx. 35 minutes. Don't over bake or the roll will break.
- Take the baked batter out of the oven and fold it into a roll, together with the parchment paper. Let it sit like that until it cools down.
- Using a hand electric mixer, mix together all of the ingredients. Taste and add more stevia or any other sweetener if you desire.
- Unfold the cooled roll. Using a spatula, top the roll with the filling. Roll it back again.
- Eat the whole thing immediately, or refrigerate and enjoy it later.