Every keto blog has "the best keto brownies" recipe, and so do we. If you are following us, you have probably seen the recipe, and you have already prepared a batch of our delicious keto brownies. It's been almost four years since we published the original keto brownies recipe that is still very popular. We think it's about time to publish a new recipe. Today we are making keto avocado brownies.
Brownies are simple to prepare. Very simple. Since we are all stuck at home due to the worldwide epidemic (we are writing this on the first day of Spring 2020 with more and more strict orders to stay at home), we are going to use basic keto (baking) ingredients we hope you have at home.
How to make keto avocado brownies
You don't need anything special. Almond flour, cacao powder, avocados, baking powder, eggs, vanilla essence, and keto-friendly sweetener.
By combining the avocados with cocoa, the flavor of the avocado becomes very gentle, almost imperceptible, because the cocoa is quite powerful. And although you don't feel the taste of avocado, you still get all its creaminess and moisture. We've tried this combination before in our keto chocolate mousse with avocado, and we LOVE IT.
Did you know that we could say that avocado is the only fruit that has been highly recommended for the low-carb and keto lifestyle population? It is so because, unlike a typical fruit, avocados contain very low sugar content with only around 0.4 g per fruit. What's more, the total carbohydrate of one avocado is around 9%, of which most is fiber. Fats take up about 15%. The rest is mostly water. Read more about avocados on keto diet here.
These avocado keto brownies are creamy, have a crunchy outer crust, and a soft and delicious center.
The quality of the cocoa you use for the brownie is crucial. It is better to invest a little more and buy high-quality cocoa powder because all the chocolate you will use for this recipe comes from cocoa powder. Most chocolate and chocolate-flavored things out there are loaded with sugar and not keto, but cocoa powder is an incredible keto ingredient that lets us still eat chocolate! Read more about cocoa powder here.
You can prepare this delicious brownie in less than 15 minutes, then bake it over medium-low heat in half an hour.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and leave a comment below to tell us how you like these keto avocado brownies.
Keto Avocado Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 300°F / 150°C. Grease a rectangular or square baking pan, medium size.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed, and, using a spoon, extract the pulp from the avocado.
- Put the egg and pieces of avocado into a mixing bowl. Beat with the electric mixer until the mixture becomes porridge-like.
- In a separate bowl, sift the almond flour together with the baking powder and the sweetener.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the mixing bowl and stir until homogeneous.
- Add the cacao powder and vanilla extract. If you feel that the mixture is very dense (it will depend on the type of avocado), you can add ¼ cup of almond milk. It wasn't necessary in our case.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for at least half an hour. You can check if the brownies are ready by inserting a toothpick in the center. You will notice that the stick still comes out wet, but without chocolate sticking to it. Then the brownies will be ready.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature for at least an hour. Unmold and cut into squares.
You can use almond flour, almond meal, or blanched almond flour in this recipe.
MORE KETO AVOCADO RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try: