Being attacked by your own sweet tooth? When this happens, having some sweetened almond butter at hand is a great solution. With a hint of a healthy spice, called cinnamon, and high in fats, a tablespoon of this can be a life saver!
Why not spread it on your oopsie roll, or put it on your keto pancakes, together with some grass-fed butter, and let them melt away.
Yes, almonds and cinnamon together can fit onto so many dishes. Yum!
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Toast the almonds in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times to prevent burning.
- Let the nuts cool before processing.
- Put the almonds into the bowl of an s-blade food processor. Add a pinch of salt.
- Pulse for a few minutes until the texture starts resembling butter. You might need to scrap the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Add the coconut butter, cinnamon, and erythritol, and pulse for another minute or two.
- Add more cinnamon or sweetener, to taste.
- Use it immediately or store in a fridge for up to a month.