When it comes to making various kinds of spreads for an infinite number of desserts, I've become almost obsessed with macadamia nuts. Luckily, I've found a local importer from which I can buy huge amounts of nuts at a really nice price!
This Homemade jaffa chocolate butter is thus based on macadamia nuts.
Because they add the least net carbs, taste delicious, and are, most importantly, a source of healthy fats. If you wish, you can use any other type of nuts.
In the recipe below, I used orange oil to add the most fragrant orange flavor to the butter. I buy the oil at a local organic store, but it is not available at all times. If you can't find the oil where you live, I guess orange zest from an organic orange fruit should do a fine job.
Jaffa Chocolate Butter
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Toast macadamias in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir once to prevent burning.
- Let them cool before processing.
- Place the toasted macadamias into the bowl of an s-blade food processor. Add a pinch of salt. Start processing.
- Pulse for a couple of minutes until the nuts turn into runny butter. You might need to scrap the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Add in orange oil, cocoa butter, and erythritol. Pulse for another minute or so. Use your taste buds to see if you need to add in a bit of anything.
- Use it immediately or store in a fridge for up to a month.
MORE HOMEMADE NUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try:
Fat: 7.4 g (of which Saturated: 1.3 g),
Total carbs: 2.8 g,
Fiber: 1.4 g,
Net Carbs: 1.4 g,
Protein: 2.9 g