There must be at least a couple of posts up here, mentioning how much I love vanilla. I’d put it anywhere, maybe even on a sashimi plate (have never tried that but just gave myself an idea).
So, making a few different variations of nut butters at home, it would be really odd of me not to make a vanilla flavored one. Doing so, I’ve put myself in danger of a nut overload. I can’t tell you how yummy the vanilla macadamia butter turned out.
I’m using it on keto pancakes, oopsie rolls, or occasionally just bring a teaspoon full of the yummy butter into my mouth and pretend that nothing just happened. Which is actually pretty hard to do while my inner vanilla worshiper is having a time of its life.
Try this one out, and let me know what recipes you’d use it for. I’m already thinking of vanilla keto cookies.
I’m using macadamia in this Vanilla butter recipe, for its health benefits, low net carb count, and absolutely delicious taste (that in my opinion combines really well with vanilla). You can choose to use any nuts you wish. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Toast the macadamias in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir once to prevent burning.
- Let the nuts cool before processing.
- Place them into the bowl of an s-blade food processor. Add a pinch of salt. Start processing.
- Pulse for a couple of minutes until the nuts turn into runny butter. You might need to scrap the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Use the butter immediately or store in a fridge for up to a month.