There must be at least a couple of posts up here, mentioning how much I love vanilla. I'd put it anywhere, maybe even on a sashimi plate (have never tried that but just gave myself an idea). So, making a few different variations of nut butters at home, it would be really odd of me not to make a vanilla-flavored one. Doing so, I've put myself in danger of a nut overload. I can't tell you how yummy the keto vanilla macadamia butter turned out.
I'm using it on keto pancakes, oopsie rolls, or occasionally just bring a teaspoon full of yummy butter into my mouth and pretend that nothing just happened. Which is actually pretty hard to do while my inner vanilla worshiper is having a time of its life.
Try this one out, and let me know what recipes you'd use it for. I'm already thinking of vanilla keto cookies.
I'm using macadamia in this Vanilla butter recipe, for its health benefits, low net carb count, and absolutely delicious taste (that in my opinion combines really well with vanilla). You can choose to use any nuts you wish. Enjoy!
Vanilla Macadamia Butter
- 10.5 oz macadamia nuts
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tablespoon powdered erythritol - (or to taste)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla seeds - (from a couple of vanilla beans)
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Toast the macadamias in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir once to prevent burning.
- Let the nuts cool before processing.
- Place them into the bowl of an s-blade food processor. Add a pinch of salt. Start processing.
- Pulse for a couple of minutes until the nuts turn into runny butter. You might need to scrap the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Add in the vanilla ingredients and erythritol. You might want to use less sweetener at the beginning, since macadamia is already somehow sweet, and add more to taste. Pulse for another minute and taste if it suits you. Otherwise, add in anything you like.
- Use the butter immediately or store in a fridge for up to a month.
MORE HOMEMADE NUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try:
Fat: 7.4 g (of which Saturated: 1.3 g),
Total carbs: 2.8 g,
Fiber: 1.4 g,
Net Carbs: 1.4 g,
Protein: 2.9 g
Clara Ann says
Forgot to say always to e- mail me about my post!! Thanks!!
Clara Ann says
Thank u for that reciept cause I also love vanilla and everything and I will make this recipe soon as I can but wanted to ask a question!! Do you have to roast that macadamias first or can you just put in the macadamias and does it have an effect on the taste if you do that
Roasting the macadamias does have an effect on the taste, yes. Some like roasted macadamia better than unroasted. Similar as with peanuts, almonds, etc. If you want to roast them or not is up to you and your personal taste. I prefer plain macadamia, especially with vanilla flavors.