Why do we love macadamia? Not only because we love nuts in general! Macadamia is full of high-quality fats, low in polyunsaturated fats, and low in carbs. Besides, its flavor is unbeatable.
If you haven't tried making homemade macadamia nut butter before, I courage you to do it now.
It's the most simple butter to make, simply because you don't need to add anything to it (except maybe a pinch of salt), not even a teaspoon of coconut oil, in order to make it runny very quickly.
But, don't say I didn't warn you: Having this butter at home in the fridge is a bit dangerous. It sometimes happens that a person just wants to indulge in it, endlessly. So, do watch out!
If you try making macadamia nut butter, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag a photo on Instagram!
Macadamia Nut Butter
- 10 oz macadamia nuts
- 1 pinch salt
- Note:This step toasting is optional. Use it if you prefer the flavor of toasted nuts. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Toast the nuts in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir once to prevent burning.
- Let the macadamias cool before processing.
- Place them into the bowl of an s-blade food processor. Add a pinch of salt. Start processing.
- Pulse for a couple of minutes until the nuts turn into runny butter. You might need to scrap the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Use it immediately or store in a fridge for up to a month.
MORE HOMEMADE NUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try:
Fat: 7.4 g (of which Saturated: 1.3 g),
Total carbs: 2.8 g,
Fiber: 1.4 g,
Net Carbs: 1.4 g,
Protein: 2.9 g