Homemade almond butter is one of the most delightful nut butters, don't you agree? It can be a filling treat just eaten off a teaspoon, or a perfect ingredient in numerous different keto recipes.
I suggest buying blanched almonds. The only necessary tool is an s-blade food processor. From here on, things get pretty easy.
Homemade Almond Butter
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Toast the almonds in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times to prevent burning.
- Let the almonds cool before processing.
- Put the almonds into the bowl of an s-blade food processor. Add a pinch of salt.
- Pulse for a few minutes until the texture starts resembling butter. You might need to scrap the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Add the coconut oil and pulse for another minute or two.
- Use it immediately or store in a fridge for up to a month.
MORE HOMEMADE NUT BUTTER RECIPES TO TRY!
If you love this low-carb keto recipe, I recommend you also try:
Fat: 7.4 g (of which Saturated: 1.3 g),
Total carbs: 2.8 g,
Fiber: 1.4 g,
Net Carbs: 1.4 g,
Protein: 2.9 g